an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

el Pollo Guapo

Tried the new site behind the UConn Bookstore in the entertainment district on Front Street [in the old Qdoba location] the other night. Went to a movie at the Wadsworth Atheneum and parked right in front on a Sunday night with free parking. We were able to walk to the restaurant down the hill without finding another parking space. This place is a little spare but the food is just as good.  I don't like high-top tables but there were a few four-top regular ones. Tried a different bowl but partner tried my favorite 'Almost Legal'. I thing I will go back to that but the crispy Brussel sprouts were amazing. Choices...choices!


June 5, 2018

Had to go back and get some more good Span-ish food but ended up getting the same Almost Legal Rice Bowl. No I am not addicted but...


My son from Boston got the half chicken so we opted for a bunch of sides. My favorite is the roasted corn.

May 5, 2018

Finally got to the 'new' place after eating so many times off the Span-ish truck!  El Pollo Guapo is the place to visit to pick up some great food or even eat outside on the picnic table. 


I was here for a small group blogger event on Cinco de Mayo and we did well sitting there under the umbrella. We had some great dip and chips with our Margaritas. The highlight of the day was the Chicken Bowl...rico!!!

smashed avocado and chips
'barely legal' Chicken Bowl

No comments: