an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

SHISH KEBAB HOUSE of AFGHANISTAN

Why did I wait entire year to revisit this wonderful place? Had the same New Year's Eve meal and it was even better than last year. The Kabeli Palow is super! The only difference this year was the eggplant for my choice instead of the pumpkin. I shared some of my neighbors' pumpkin and spinach and I think the eggplant is the winner. We shared a chocolate lava cake and an ice cream dessert and they both were good. The service here is excellent. There was quite a crowd this year but we ate later [after a movie]. Get reservations!



December 31, 2017
Had my New Year's Eve meal at Shish Kebab House and ended the year on a culinary high note.

Started with an order of Samosas [$5] for five delicious tastes; one for each at the table. I ordered the Kabeli Palow [$19] on the recommendation of a table mate and she did not steer me wrong. The choice of pumpkin purée was perfect. The lamb was tender and the rice tasty. Shared a side order of spinach [$6] and shared a table sized side  yoghurt salad [$7]. The kabeli palow with chicken shish kebab look great also.  What a great way to end the year!

No comments: