an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

better butter...

Served with a cheese plate in Paris was an individual packet of butter and I fell in love with it. Looked it up on Amazon and found I could have it delivered to my cottage for about $80 a pound [shipping food from Europe sucks]. Because I am too thrifty for that I contacted Whole Foods in Glastonbury [my favorite] asking them if they had this brand. The Assistant Manager, Doug Pyne, contacted with the message that no they did not carry it. He suggested an alternate of which he comped me a package. I am now carrying on my taste test. The butter that I had in Paris was Echirré Buerre de Baratte and the butter I am trying now is Isigny Ste. Marie. 



Right now the Echirré is winning but maybe it was that I had it during lunch at The Restaurant in the Musée d'Orsay and the Isigny I am eating at home!

No comments: