an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, September 23, 2016

CT Farm-to-Chef Week at MAX

Interesting lunch today during the CT Farm-to-Chef Week at MAX Fish in Glastonbury. They were unsure of what I wanted to order as this has been an evening menu for the week. Steph, my server, was able to get me to the meal! I started with an appetizer for my main course: Ct Oyster Pan Roast, cognac cream, tarragon, diced potatoes, grilled bread [$12] with Copps Island CT oysters, Bob’s “homegrown” herbs, Beckett Farm potatoes, Max Amore fresh focaccia. This was a good [not super] dish perhaps because someone in the kitchen was preparing it especially for me and the potatoes could have been a bit more cooked. It was delicious however and the six oysters were superb. I accompanied this with a glass of my favorite MAX Cuvée Sauvignon Blanc [$9].


Then on to dessert: Fresh Pumpkin Spice Doughnut, “The Creamery” Cinnamon ice cream, CT cold brew coffee anglaise [$8] with Cold Spring Brook Farm pumpkin, The Creamery ice cream. This was wonderful with hot doughnuts and cool ice cream; what a combination. This was accompanied with a glass of Cold Brew Coffee [$4.50] from the same people that I visited last evening at Nora's in Middletown for their ON TAP intro [see previous entry]. 


As always good service, good food, great ambiance...I even signed up for a MAX Card to ensure my many more returns.

No comments: