an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ted's Restaurant [CT]

Unfortunately I had never gotten myself to the Meriden location of Ted's Restaurant World Famous Steamed Cheeseburgers so I ate today in the new Cromwell location. And glad I did!

Ordered the steamed cheeseburger [$4.50] which came on a nice roll and the possibilities of many free toppings and I chose only the sautéed onions]. The steamed cheeseburger is an animal unto itself; lean, mean, square, thick and juicy with a good layer of melted cheese. Also had the home fries [no fried french fries are fried here] which turned out to be about a peck of skin-on tasty spuds [$1.75]. There is a selection of fountain drinks [$1.25] and Stewart's bottled sodas [$1.50] and I had a root beer.

bloginfo: Route 372 [43 Berlin Road @the old Quiznos location]
phone 860.635.TEDS
blognote: Sandwich menu consists of 7 items [hamburger, cheeseburgers, hot dogs and BLTs]

No comments: