an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Saturday, March 24, 2007

RODEIO


March 1st I ate at Rodeio in Sao Paulo, Brasil. I was there for three nights prior to my flight to Belo Horizonte where I would be voluntering at the JAMI Center. Both the New York Times Style Magazine [Travel Spring 2007] and Travel and Leisure magazine are touting Sao Paulo. TL says: 'Beef is the specialty and picanha, or top sirloin, is the favored cut'. I didn't have beef as I was traveling into beef country so tried the Shrimp Creole. It was delicious. The salad course was gigantic.

TL also lists the Galeria Melisa, a pop-tropical shoe store, as a must-see whether you buy or not. [picture above]

blognotes:
Rodeio is at 1498 Rua Haddock Lobo.
Galeria Melisa is at 827 Rua Oscar Freire

bloginfo:
I stayed at the Best Western Regent Park just down the street on Oscar Freire
Romero Britto's studio, Britto Central, is across the street from the hotel

No comments: