an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Sunday, January 02, 2005

half and half

Went to Panera http://www.panerabread.com/ in Glastonbury on Sunday afternoon. Took some time out of my hospital visits going on since December 18th. DW is there in CCU and she was sleeping away so I went with B and J who have been helping me out so much.

They have this great half and half special. You can get any combination of pick two: half sandwich, half salad or half soup. I had the Chicken Caesar sandwich with a vegetarian Black Bean Soup, J had the Chicken Artichoke sandwich on grilled ciabatta with the Caesar salad and B had the Frontega Chicken Panini: Smoked, pulled white meat chicken, red onions, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, chopped basil and our chipotle mayonnaise, grilled hot on our Rosemary & Onion focaccia [that's B's description from the website] with Chicken and Wild Rice soup.

The soups and salads come with a baguette; overkill but I love it! Two iced teas and a coffee and they treated me using a Panera gift card.

The winner was: the BREAD!

No comments: