an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, March 15, 2019

Pond House Café

pondhousecafe.com
First disclaimer: Meal was very good and I spoke with the Chef and reiterated that to her. Also, front of the house is very welcoming on entry and helpful during the meal. However the service was definitely lacking. I realize it is important for a server to establish a good relationship with returning patrons or chat socially to enhance the dining experience but it should not be done at the expense of other patrons. It was very difficult to get our server to pay attention to our table of four. Other servers and front of the house personnel tried to cover. They did an excellent job. Don't know if I will return but should not let one experience keep me away from such good food!

The excellent focaccia was stone cold so that didn't make a good start to the meal. I ordered the Coq au Vin which I do not ordinarily do and it was a very good choice. The chicken had been involved with the wine for a goodly amount of time so the broth was rich and full. The cipollini onions were wonderful. For dessert I shared an order of Chambord sorbet which was pungently tasty.

Coq au Vin

No comments: