an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, July 20, 2018

Costa del Sol





Sometimes Taste of Hartford can be wonderful and sometimes it doesn't make it. Tonight it was wonderful! Both started with the Salpicón, their version of potato salad, and it was delicious and so well plated. My entrée was the Bistec with chimichurri and this is one of my favorites. The steak was just the right amount of rare and the chimichurri was fresh and lighter than the usual preparation. The potatoes were superb and the timbal of vegetables fresh and tender. The other diner had the Codillo, osso bucco, and was definitely the winner! It fell off the bone. The potatoes were a bit gummy but the same timbal was excellent. Desserts of Arroz con Leche was declared the best ever but my Flan was perfect. Latte, as usual, was not hot enough for me. All in all, a very good meal at a decent price! I think I may have to go back for the Gazpacho and Codillo...a good excuse!

No comments: