an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Bistro on Main

a rainy day but it wasn't Paris...or was it?

I had heard good things about this place and since I had to be in the area tried it out for a late lunch. Bistro on Main is tucked away among many different establishments on Main Street in Manchester.

The new menu had just started so my detective work online didn't work out. But I certainly found myself a wonderful lunch. A good cup of coffee [$3] and then the Sandwich au Poulet Zhatar [$15] which is their version of a griddled [love that word] chicken sandwich. What makes it remarkable is zhatar seasoning, olive and preserved lemon tapenade, green tahini and herb pistou on a soft baguette. This comes with the choice of a side and my choice was the cone of pecorino herb frites. I was really back in Paris.


Then on to dessert and the Mousse du jour [$4] which was a citrus and white chocolate concoction with superb whipped cream. My coffee refill was [$3] so next time it will be the French press coffee to keep me company through the whole meal. 

blognote: The restaurant is non-tipping. It is an extension of the MACChefs training program run by Manchester Conference of Area Churches [MACC Charities]. There is a place on your check to make a contribution to the above.

No comments: