an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Le Restaurant at the Musée d'Orsay


Had lunch at Le Restaurant at the Musée d'Orsay for the first time. I have visited this museum several times but had never taken the time to eat here. Quel dommage! It opened in 1900 and the room remains almost the same.

The decor is outstanding if the chairs are a bit 'modern/gaudy' but everything is so well coordinated, the set meal of two courses is very inexpensive [€22] so we added a cheese course for our dessert.


I started with an entrée of Rouget - red mullet in a raspberry escabeche over arugula and tarragon juice. I had a glass of Bordeaux rosé Château Ricaud [€6,50].


My friend ordered the Cream of Asparagus soup with Parmesan foam and crumble with dried Serrano ham.


For my main dish, I ordered the Risotto aux petits pois with a parmesan crisp which was so beautiful I did not want to touch it. It fit so well into the Impressionist artworks.


Finally for our dessert a magnificent cheese plate which I immediately divided up between the three of us. This is my portion.


No comments: