an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Sunday, April 24, 2016

CURE Restaurant & Bar

Another after theater adventure with dinner at CURE Restaurant for bacon, bacon, bacon! And we were not disappointed in either the bacon or wealth of bacon possibilities. I ordered the Smoked Chicken Salad sandwich with sweet pea puree, bacon, pickled golden raisins, mint, arugula on sourdough BUT they were out of it [and I was out of it also] so ordered the BLT [$12] instead. Now you have all had a BLT before but this was quite different with mayo, tomato jam,  arugula, micro basil and house-made honey applewood bacon. For the side I ordered from the many varied offerings the Tuscan Fries [garlic++]. This was paired with a special beer of the night and aptly named after me: Stony Creek Ripe and Cranky IPA [$7]. I loved it and it helped with the loss of the Chicken Salad [did I already mention that?]. Yes, I did.


For dessert the four of us shared the Smoked Chocolate Ice Cream Brownie [$8] on the most delicious brownie with bourbon soaked cherries. 


blognote: If Anna is on duty ask for her as your server; lots of personality AND she really knows her way around the menu.

No comments: