an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Suso's Latino Basket

Finally finishing up most of my coupons before the new year sets them free. Tonight it was at Suso's Latino Basket in Manchester. A little hard to find but worth the travel. They were having tapas tonight but we opted for dinner entrées and were not disappointed. Started with Mofongo de Camarón [$9] for an appetizer. Not the traditional mash but excellent flavor with lots of shrimp.
pernil

zarzuela de mariscos
Three entrées, all very good, were Chimichurri Flank Steak [$13] with roasted potatoes and roasted peppers but not the usual green chimichurri sauce I am used to; a Zarzuela [$16] which was loaded with some nice fresh seafood and a sassy marinara-pernod broth and my Pernil [$11] over rice and beans. The pernil was a tad dry but great flavor.

Place was packed with many ordering tapas from the waiter's menu. This wasn't mentioned on arrival so I guess I have to go back. Service was excellent with not too long a wait for food which can be a pain when hungry [my usual state of being].

No comments: