an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Thursday, April 23, 2015

New England Emporium

As you can see, I haven't been here to the New England Emporium for a while. So glad I thought of this place for a quiet planning luncheon. Broke all the rules and we both ordered the same thing: Curried Chicken Salad [$8.25]. This was a huge bowl of field greens with craisins, cucumbers and slivered almonds under a dash of raspberry vinaigrette and topped with a delicious mound of curried chicken salad.


4/5/14

When the owner comes and helps out with an expired coupon, you know you are in good hands! Haven't been here at New England Emporium for a long time. Ran in today with an expired Groupon to get the face value of $5. Yes I know I am cheap but hungry and cheap go a long way.



Ordered the Grown Up Grilled Cheese herbivore style [$7.95] and it came on parmesan crusted country white with tomato, spinach, red onion, cheddar, American cheese & roasted red peppers. It was very tasty and came with a bag of potato chips. I love potato chips but I hardly ever eat potato chips. These are from Deep River Snacks and they are healthy: all natural, gluten free certified, Kosher certified, non-GMO potatoes, non-GMO sunflower oil, no preservatives, cholesterol free, no trans fat and no MSG!

10/4/11

Great breakfast this morning at New England Emporium right after an eye appointment. With my eyes dilated I ordered one of the daily specials only to find out it was yesterday's offering. I don't think the problem was with my eyes though. Anyway, they still had the ingredients and I lucked out.
This is a crêpe [$8.25] filled with sautéed broccoli, fresh spinach, sweet sausage and ricotta cheese. There was the added baby spinach salad and along with a cup of great coffee I enjoyed it immensely.

bloginfo: This was a buckwheat crêpe so technically a galette.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It looks and sound very good!