an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ON20 [CT]

Not many meals leave me speechless but today's luncheon at ON20 was one of those. I had returned from Paris Sunday evening after dining in all the right places. I found an equal here.
Rhubarb Gateau

From the first amuse bouche of Baby Radishes to the Vietnamese Lobster Bisque and then to a Chef's special gift of Panko Encrusted Turbot. My plat was a Braised Lamb Shoulder plated so exquisitely that it was a sin to eat. But eat it I did and enjoyed it thoroughly. My dining partner had the Salmon. It would be difficult to even begin to describe the accompaniments so I will not. Just go there and enjoy. An amuse bouche was gold encrusted chocolate with coffee cream. My dessert was the Rhubarb Gateau above and hers was a Cinnamon Raisin Apple Cake with a Calvados Sabayon. Then coffee and Pistachio Biscotti and of course a few more gems.

No comments: