an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Saturday, August 20, 2005

"Ain't Misbehavin'" but...

Saw "Ain't Misbehavin'" at Hartford Stage this afternoon. All the great songs of Fats Waller [I'm Going to Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter']. Would suggest not missing it but it ends tomorrow! What a great talented and energetic cast.

From there we went to Chale Ipanema as planned but they didn't open until 4:30 and we were a little early due to the fact that we had been at a matinee. Decided not to wait and pulled out of the restaurant into a fire hydrant. Yes, a fire hydrant! Where it came from or why I didn't see it; who knows. But anyway we were impaled by a fire hydrant and the only help I had was BD trying to guide me back up onto the curb and a Spanish speaking resident/onlooker giving his advice. With the help of both I managed to slip away from this piece of urban apparatus without setting it off to spray us all. Now I need a new back passenger side door. That was the only damage; only damage I say as it could have been a lot worse.

Still being hungry [will wonders never cease], we headed to j. gilbert's www.jgilberts.com in Glastonbury [with a real parking lot] and, of course, they weren't open yet. We finally got a table [waited ten minutes] and had a great meal.

Started with a little loaf of Sourdough Bread and then JD had the Top Sirloin Steak and BD had the 6 oz. Filet. Both came with the famous Salt Baked Potato and Asparagus. I ordered the 4 oz. Filet Combo with the Saint George's Scallops. This came with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus.

For dessert I had the Velvet Cake [Chocolate Cookie Crust, Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Ganache] which I ate mostly by myself!

The winner was the entire meal, especially the beef.

The loser was the accident!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J Gilbert's is a great restaurant. Perhaps you should start rating your restaurants with $$$$ to indicate the price range. Assuming of course, that using $$$$ isn't copyrighted.