an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Rudy's Little Italy

Great lunch today. Rudy's Little Italy is the place you might just drive by but don't. Get in there and savor the flavor. We were early and the first ones to arrive for the noon meal. The place soon filled up as the news is out that this is the place to be.


Started the meal with great rolls and a spicy dipping sauce. We had heard about the calamari so ordered it New York style. What a difference from the tired old version. The salad was full of real greens and accompanied with a house-made Italian dressing.


My dining partner doesn't eat red sauce so order the Eggplant Rollatini with 'any version' of a white sauce and she was delighted with the choice. I ordered the Pork Genovese in a pesto cream sauce. Since pesto is one of my favorites I found it heavier on the cream than the pesto. The side of pasta however was nestled in a rosé cream sauce that was super.  Next time something different for my entrée and that won't be difficult because I will be returning soon.

Pork Genoves



blognote: great service and chef Rudy is there to help out with everything

No comments: