an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Gyro and Kebab House

A working meeting in the city and an excuse for lunch. At the suggestion of my consultant we went to the Gyro and Kebab House, a new place close to his studio.


I had perused the menu online and was trying to decide between the Lamb or Grecian Gyro on a pita. We ended up ordering from the Entrée section and chose the Lamb Shish Kebab [$10.99] marinated chunk lamb, peppers, onions, served over rice pilaf with salad and Pita bread. I was slightly disappointed with my order and should have gone with my original choice. The lamb was tasty but it was very tough and could not be cut with my knife. I ended up eating it with my fingers and doing my 'cromagnon man' impersonation. The meat came home and was sliced thin ending up in a delicious lamb/guac sandwich.

blognote: Pratt Street is closed to traffic during lunchtime in the summer and little tables and chairs available for al fresco dining.

No comments: