an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, March 31, 2017

The Rockin Chicken

Tried something new tonight...not even on the menu yet: Leche de Tigre [tiger's milk...actually seviche on steroids] and so delicious!


March 13, 2017

Was here on Monday night for a YELP dinner with a room full of foodies. We had a great time and were able to sample lots of different food.

Then today took a friend there on a business lunch to discuss a new installation I want to present. Since it was his first time there, the chef prepared a sampler type of plate. It was, of course, delicious and they now have a new regular.


August 10, 2016

Second visit and this one really rocked at Rockin Chicken. My lunch partner is a vegetarian so I got to try some new items. We had the Causa [without either the tuna or chicken] [$8.49] which was the best play on mashed potatoes ever and with one or more of the delicious even better. Also had the Ocopa [$8.49] instead of the Papa Huancaína. This has a different sauce but just as delicious. We shared the two items but they were very artistically plated separately [nice touch]. There are several other vegetarian options: Papa Huancaína, Papas Fritas [the best] and Vegetable Fried Rice [Chaufa].


I had my favorite glass of Maricuya [$3] which I know as parcha. So fresh! For dessert we shared [her one bite and my big portion] a Crema Volteado [$3] which is the best combination of flans. Great service as usual!

7/16/2016

What I look for in a new neighborhood restaurant is quality food, good prices, friendly people and cleanliness. I found that today at Rockin Chicken in Hartford; a new Peruvian restaurant.


Passion Fruit drink [which I know as parcha was $3] as fresh as could be started my meal of Mostrito: a quarter rotisserie chicken with vegetable fried rice and french fries [9.99]. I asked for fried ripe plantain instead  of the fries but the chef wanted me to try the fries so there was no extra charge. I now see the reason why and it was because these are the best fries ever o f freshly cut potatoes. There are three different sauces and they are all good with varying degrees of 'calor'.

bloginfo: no website running yet but on FaceBook 
blognote: parking in front of restaurant or on street

No comments: