an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Sunday, June 05, 2011

First and Last Tavern [CT]

Ate dinner this evening at the Avon location of First and Last. I have eaten in two other of their locations: Hartford [the original] and Middletown. This location worked out very well for the group.

The three of us were very satisfied with our selections. There were orders of Stuffed Eggplant and Scallops over Risotto. Both looked very good and my taste of the eggplant was excellent. We chose to sit in the Pub and I ordered from this menu. My choice was the Flatiron Steak Sandwich [$9.95] which was a huge [half of the sandwich came home with me] grilled sliced marinated [soy sauce and brown sugar] steak sandwich with grilled onions and mushrooms on grilled bread and served with Parmesan Fries [a little weak needing a stronger cheese and more time in the fryer]. This was accompanied by a glass of Smoking Loon Pinot Noir [$7.25]. This wine is super.

No comments: