an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, September 11, 2009

el Palacio St. Angelo [Cuba]


Plaza Vieja, Habana Vieja in el Palacio St. Angelo was the place for a special lunch on my last full day in Cuba. 

We had celebrated here for my birthday the week before so I wanted to end my stay here with a quiet solo lunch.


Started with great Cuban bread and a Cristal beer. Then had the special Red Snapper with Almonds accompanied by Congrí [rice and black beans cooked together] and Tostones [fried plátano]. Skipped dessert and had a Café Cortado, just the way I like it.

The same musicians were there and even remembered me. I guess dancing with maracas on the terrace on your birthday does single you out! This was not the best meal I had in Cuba but it was special for its memories and solitude as I got ready to leave this special island.

bloginfo: I was in Cuba on a Humanitarian Mission.

No comments: