an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Friday, April 08, 2011

La Piastra [update]


Check out the new website at La Piastra. Check out the new offerings too. Just bought Grilled Vegetable Risotto [$9.95] and Black Bean Corn Salsa [$5.95] both look [and smell] great. BUT tried a sample of the new Stuffed Breads and WOW they are delicious. Will be back to get a few soon.

September 27th
TASTE OF CROMWELL
The Corn Chowder at tonight's food splurge was definitely the 'best of show' and it just wasn't me extolling its virtues!

September 12th
GLUTEN FREE *** GLUTEN FREE *** GLUTEN FREE
Just visited La Piastra to get some of their Asian Cabbage Salad [$5.95] to add to my tomorrow's 'after theater wine and ...' menu.
Saw their new line of gluten free cookies. They looked really good but I don't usually buy the 'good for you' stuff so ended up with a dozen gorgeous chocolate chip cookies!


THANK YOU FOR LINKING MY BLOG TO YOUR WEBSITE!!! Will be back soon to get some great food as soon as I get moved to my new address. Have been sending people over though and am waiting for their pleased reactions.


June 17th
Second trip to La Piastra today. Got the Curried Chicken Salad [$5.95] and it is very good. The chicken breast meat is quite moist and the amount of curry is good. The addition of currants jazzes it up also.
Also got the Broccoli Rabe with Roasted Garlic [$4.25] and I sizzled it in some lemon infused olive oil and finished it with a splash of white balsamic vinegar. Made me a good lunch!

blognote: They all wear black and for those of you who know me realize this is a good thing.

June 12th - Bought some super 'gourmet to go' takeout at La Piastra in Cromwell.

The Goin' Nutz Over Chicken Salad ~ boneless chicken thighs with toasted walnuts, grapes, celery and our house made tarragon mayo was excellent. It has served as lunch on several occasions. Just add a scoop of this salad and a little hummus and crackers and you have a nice plateful.

Also got the Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad ~ sun-dried tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta cheese
tossed in an aioli to take with me as an addition to a dinner out. We all enjoyed it and thought it very fresh. Both were $4.95 for a one pound container.

Read the review from the Hartford Courant here.

Their website is here also. The monthly specials are announced here.

bloginfo: La Piastra is located next to Mortenson's Ice Cream which is behind the Cromwell Stop and Shop. A little hard to find the first time but worth the effort. This is where Cromwell Kitchen was located.
blognote: I intend to try a few more items so keep tuned in!

1 comment:

Lauren DeLisa said...

I heard you needed appetizers - I have some in my freezer - call me! 860.632.7528! Lauren