an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Georgina's Italian Restaurant


Haven't been back to Georgina's Restaurant for a while so tried lunch today. The salad was large and the house made creamy Italian dressing was plentiful. The garlic bread was the same delicious slabs of buttery goodness. My guest had the Chicken Marsala over a bed of spaghetti and she enjoyed it and took lots home. My veal/eggplant with ziti was plentiful and very tasty. I, too, had to take a portion of it home for another meal. All in all, it was a good luncheon focusing on the food. 


blognote: Even though I mentioned that it was my guest's 91st birthday and the reason we were there was her request because of past food and hospitality, there was no 'cupcake with a candle' or any other mention of the celebration. They did yell Happy Birthday as we exited. It would have made her day a little more special and brought me back!

April 15, 2008

Ate here previously [see 12/27/06 'Christmas at Bolton Notch' review] for lunch.
This time it was the dinner menu and the portions are 'gigondous' and the food is good.

The Garlic Bread is more like Rome meets Texas Toast but it is good and buttery and garlicy and herby [get the message, I liked it]. The dinner salad was forgettable especially the 'house' creamy Italian dressing. Why do restaurants serve such large pieces of greens?

Two entrées were Chicken Marsala and they looked quite good. I had the Chicken Française; it had a great egg wash with a nice lemon tang in the white wine sauce but mild on the garlic. It was served over about a pound of linguini cooked al dente which is perfect for me. The entrées were $14.95 each which was a bargain. My leftover pasta will feed me for a night or two.

Good service and the waitperson remembered my hosts from a previous visit. This is a nice friendly place to get a real good meal.

bloginfo: Georgina's is located at 275 Boston Turnpike [Routes 6 and 44], Bolton, CT [formerly Fiano's].
Telephone: 647.0345 or click Georgina's for the website.
blognote: My hosts knew George, the owner. He is very affable and truly proud of his restaurant and stopped by the table to see if everything was okay.

No comments: