an egg is an egg...meditating at the Museo Miró in Barcelona

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Miami Shores Country Club

It helps to know influential people. I was a guest last night at the Miami Shores Country Club's Seafood Buffet.

We each started with a cup of Corn Chowder and then a half cold Lobster. This was followed by plates of cold cracked Crab Claws [this is crab season]. They were accompanied by a sweet Mustard Dip. The claws were very easy to eat, contained lots of meat [unlike my frustrating experiences with Alaskan Crab Legs] and were delicious. Love that mustard dip.

Should have stopped there but the buffet was too inviting. I completely skipped the Salads portion of the buffet and headed across the room to the Chefs preparing food.
Started with several slices of Corned Beef [skipped the Roast Turkey] and had one of the chefs prepare me a 'small' portion of Linguine with Garlic and Oil and some fresh Basil and Parmesan Cheese for good measure - fantastic.

Next trip up to the buffet I tried some teeny Brussel Sprouts, a stuffed Roast Pork Loin with Pine Nuts, Tenderloin Tips in a great gravy and Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes.

Now if that sounds like a lot - I skipped the two other meat entrées and the entire Fish selection [4 different kinds] cooked to order.

A dessert selection was brought to the table by my host; I will only say that the plate contained 4 different yummy desserts [chocolate raspberry cake, I do remember].
And I skipped the Ice Cream Sundae Bar!

bloginfo: Miami Shores Country Club is located at 10000 Biscayne Boulevard in Miami Shores, FL [of course]. AND you can't go there unless you are a guest of a member. [I was going to say 'nananananana' but I decided to be nice [yeah].

blognotes: The band and vocalist were a throw-back to the 'good ole days' of dancing music. The crowd was older and dressed to the nines [jackets for men required].

No comments: